Kingdom Builders is not a development team and we don’t directly lead or sponsor individual projects. But as a community of technologists, it’s no surprise that members have projects of their own.
Below is an alphabetical list of projects that are led or contributed to by members of Kingdom Builders
- apostello - A free SMS communications tool for your church. (Deployed at St Columba’s Free Church)
- Ark - A social community for people of faith. Not much is public yet.
- Discover - An Android discipleship App providing Discovery Bible Studies in text and audio. Currently available in English and Arabic with more languages in the pipeline.
- Kingdom Builders - sort of a cheat, but hey, this website is a software project! Promoting the community and inviting others to join. Uses jekyll.
- OneBody - free church directory and social networking software for your church.
- PrayerMate - PrayerMate is a Christian prayer app that seeks to help you actually pray for all the people and causes you care about.
Sometimes we dream up ideas but can’t commit to working on them, or want to refine them with others before we dig in. Here are some snippets of possible projects, drawn from our #brainstorming channel
- Audio Transcription
- Collaborative Ideation
- 1 Corinthians 1:10 - “Now I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in agreement and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same purpose.”
- Uniting the mind and purpose the Church, and any large group within modern society, can be greatly assisted by the internet, though amongst a smaller group of people face-to-face communication is to be preferred.
- Two outstanding models of collaboratively generating ideas or information are Wikipedia and Q&A websites. However, Wikipedia can only function through strict content policies and an editing hierarchy: it is not a place for people to collaboratively express and develop views. Q&A websites prioritise the selection of a ‘best answer’ rather than on assisting participants to craft one together incorporating elements from many sources; in addition they do not effectively organise and merge related issues and questions.
- Project ambitions: the creation of a platform that gives a voice to any member of the Church (or of other groups within society), promoting unity of mind and purpose through collaboration and the synthesis of shared views, perspectives and policies.
- Next steps (October 2015): Review platform architecture, mathematics, design, various off-the-shelf components provisionally selected etc; refine; proceed to implementation.
- Please contact @tom with any suggestions or queries, or if you would like to find out more about participating.